CONCRETE REPAIR &
LEVELING WITH POLYPIER
A HIGH-DENSITY POLYMER WITH BENEFITS FOR RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS
Concrete lifting and leveling is another service that will be offered using PolyPier; a polyurethane foam that expands. The foam is injected through a dime-size hole into voids and spaces beneath sunken concrete to lift it permanently. This is a much less invasive method than traditional mud jacking which involves larger holes and heavy equipment which could damage your landscape. Plus, you’ll be able to use your surface on the same day with the quick-drying/setting and it lasts much longer.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
When concrete begins to crack and settle, there are two ways to handle the problem. Either replace the slab entirely or raising the slab by pumping a slurry-like mixture underneath in a process called mud jacking. Mud jacking is also known in the industry as slab jacking, and slab raising. Mud jacking is popular as it is a much more efficient and cost-effective way to level out settled concrete.
Mud Jacking has its pitfalls as well. Considering how heavy the slurry mixture is when mud jacking, the potential for the slab to fall even farther exists if the ground underneath is not entirely stable. The weight of the mixture, added to that of the existing slab can further complicate mud jacking.
What is PolyPier?
Polypier is a polyurethane product that is relatively quick, cost-effective, and does not leave behind a mess when completed. A small hole is drilled into the concrete and down to the void that is below. Polyurethane is injected below the concrete. Polyurethane is a water-resistant, strong material that when injected expands to fill the void below the concrete. This lifts and levels the concrete back into its original position removing tripping hazards and closing or nearly closing cracks. The polyurethane sets quickly, so the concrete can be used and walked on almost immediately.
PolyPier offers numerous advantages for residential concrete repair, as well as a variety of commercial applications.
PolyPier can lift:
- Basement floors
- Office floors
- Garage floors
- Pool decks
- Warehouse floors
BENEFITS OF POLYPIER
- Affordable, permanent solution.
- Fast-acting: The expanding polymer reaches its final strength and is ready to support weight within 15 minutes, as opposed to mud jacking which takes a whole day.
- Adjustable: Contractors can adjust the chemical reaction that causes the foam to expand and control how much the concrete is lifted.
- Noninvasive: The equipment used is less bulky and PolyPier injection foam is less messy.
- Environmentally-friendly: The material does not react with soil and does not release harmful chemicals.
- Strong and lightweight: PolyPier does not impose added weight on unstable soil, but can still support a substantial load.
- Waterproof: PolyPier will not wash away once it is cured.